Re: Create type

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Create type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
From: "Renaud Tthonnart" <thonnart@amwdb.u-strasbg.fr>

> If I can't use nested tables, how can I create a
> type that will be a kind of  "dynamic list of structure".
>
> regards,
> Renaud THONNART
>
> Ok. First I wanted to use nested tables. But I think it is not possible.
> Then I decided to create
> a type that will made the same function, a type that will be like a C
> structure. This type would contain
> an integer and a string like (1,'aaa'). Then I would have made a list or
an
> array with this type.
> Am I clear? Sorry if not, my English is poor.
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Renaud THONNART

Ah - you can define your own types using C and then should be able to have
an array of them. Never done this myself, but the relevant information is in
the Programmer's Guide - 13. Extending SQL: Types

You will probably end up building supporting functions and operators for the
type too.

- Richard Huxton