Re: Re: [SQL] Contribute to the PL/pgSQL CookBook !!

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Re: [SQL] Contribute to the PL/pgSQL CookBook !!
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
From: "Roberto Mello" <rmello@cc.usu.edu>

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 12:21:58AM +0000, Richard H wrote:
> >

> > You do realise you've built something that will grow to take over your
> > life and possibly the rest of the world?
>
> I hope we can get lots and lots of recipes. It'd be a great resource.
> Python has something of the sorts (association of O'Reilly and Active
> State if I am not mistaken).

No reason why you shouldn't end up with a library of useful chunks like CPAN
(well ish) - there are a host of standard templates and routines that people
don't need to keep re-inventing: international phone number formats,
email/URL format validation, standard contact templates...

> > If I can suggest some early enhancements (well, it's been running for
> > several hours now :-)
> >
> > 1. People will want to change their entries - take their email and send
> > them a password so they can edit it later.
>
> I thought about that, but my thinking was that if people had to
> register a login/password first, that might stop some people from
> cnotributing.
> What do others think? Allow for editing or not?

I was thinking about another slot for email and if they fill it in, you
generate a random password and email it to them automatically. They only
need to login next time, when they want to edit an existing entry.

You could store the email/password pairs in Access or MySQL or something ;-)

- Richard Huxton