Re: mysql load_file() function

От Ben-Nes Yonatan
Тема Re: mysql load_file() function
Дата
Список pgsql-general

>>> I am not quite sure what load_file() does, but check the COPY command
>>> and the analgous \copy in psql.  As with many other PostgreSQL
>>> commands, COPY has a man page in lower case:
>>>
>>> man copy
>>>

>> First thanks for your answer David but im afraid that i still got a
>> problem
>> with this solution... im not trying to upload a big file which contain
>> data
>> which is supposed to be divided to plenty of rows, i want to upload a big
>> file (wav,ppt,whatever...) into one column one row... maybe i can use
>> COPY
>> to upload the rows to a temp_table and then from there build the file at
>> the
>> primary table so it will be only postgresql working in his own
>> enviroment...
>> though that seem "too heavy" isnt there a better elegant solution?
>>

> Try looking here--again if I understand what you are trying to do....
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/largeobjects.html
>
> Large objects in postgresql can be files, images, etc.  There are several
> functions for manipulating them (loading, etc.) available in postgresql.
>
> Sean

Hi again David and Sean and thanks for your help,

Sean you were correct!! huray for you!! you dont know how much time i spent
on that problem (beside of all things other maillists also).
I dont understand why they dont write anything at the manual on the better
memory usage that the large objects interface have with other languages as
PHP... they just write there that you can upload a sum of 2GB instead of the
new TOAST which can hold 1GB which is more then enough to 99.99% of the
projects....

Anyway thanks alot again for both of you,
Ben-Nes Yonatan