Re: code question: storing INTO relation

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: code question: storing INTO relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Gavin Sherry
> Just thinking of optimisations, I wonder if it would be possible to bypass
> WAL (like we do for ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE) if archiving is
> disabled, and fsync the newly created relfilenode  after the data is
inserted.

Yes please. This is good for Data Warehousing ELT-style operations.
(Extract, Load, Transform).

If I could go further, I'd like to add this as an option on the command if
possible, rather than a presumption that all such statements should not be
logged.

Thanks,

Best Regards, Simon Riggs