Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client

От Stefan Viljoen
Тема Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client
Дата
Ответ на Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
Ответы Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  (Nick Gorham <nick@lurcher.org>)
Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client  ("Faith, Jeremy" <jfaith@tycoint.com>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Nick

>Getting confused now. The above leads me to believe you should have

>Database                = asteriskcdrcdrdb

>in the odbc.ini entry and connect as

>isql -v pgdb-cdr asteriskcdruser whateverthepasswordis

>I was assuming you were replacing dbuser, dbname and password with the real
ones for your situation.

That is a typeo I made. You are correct, I'm replacing with the real ones -
made a typo.

My odbc.ini actually is

--
[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]# vim /etc/odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]

[asterisk-cdr]
Description=MySQL connector for Asterisk
Driver=MySQL
Database=asteriskcdrdb
Socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

[pgdb-cdr]
;Driver                  = /usr/pgsql-9.4/lib/psqlodbc.so
Driver=PostgreSQL
ServerName=localhost
Port=5432
UserName=dbuser
Password=dbpassword
Database=dbname
ReadOnly=No
Protocol=9.4
Trace=Yes
TraceFile=/tmp/sql.log
ConnSettings=
DSN=pgdb
ServerType=Postgres
Debug=1
DebugFile=/var/log/postgresql_debug.log
--

e. g. I have now checked that the symantic

dbname

is NOT

dbnamedname

If I do

[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]# isql -v pgdb-cdr dbuser dbpassword
[S1000][unixODBC]The database does not exist on the server
or user authentication failed.
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]#

The interesting thing is if I change

Database=dbname

to symantic

Database=dnam

(e. g. leave out the last char)

isql does this:

[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]# isql -v pgdb-cdr asteriskcdruser 1ndestruc#
[08S01][unixODBC]Could not send Query(connection dead)
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
[root@jhbasterisk pg_log]#

So, my theory that unixODBC is not trying to connect or get far enough to
even touch Postgres is incorrect... therefore is DOES appear that it IS
postgress that is rejecting the ODBC connections?

Kind regards

Stefan

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client