How to detoast a column of type BYTEAOID

От
Тема How to detoast a column of type BYTEAOID
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am attempting to create a new language implementation. The language is
Andl (andl.org), so the handler is plandl.
I am having a bit of trouble executing SPI queries from inside plandl.

The particular problem arises after calling SPI_cursor_fetch() and then
SPI_getbinval() on a column of type BYTEA (BYTEAOID 17). I was expecting to
get back a Datum of type bytea, but the length is crazy. From the look of
the data, I suspect that what I have is a compressed TOAST, and I don't know
how to handle those.

1. Does SPI_getbinval() indeed return compressed TOAST values?
2. If so, what should I do (in general) to ensure the values I retrieve are
de-toasted?

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org