Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Just so I understand correctly, the aim of this is to "fix" the
> situation where out of the thousands of files and 100s of GB of data
> in my pg directory, the *only* corruption is that a single file
> pg_control file is missing?

This is just an example I have used to explain what should be the best way to generate
Next-LSN.
The overall aim for this feature is to start the database with as much accuracy as possible after database corruption
occurreddue to missing files or hardware crash.
However it is not possible to start with full consistency and accuracy after such a
Situation.

> Now assume we have Data files and WAL files intact and only control file is lost.

Just so I understand correctly, the aim of this is to "fix" the
situation where out of the thousands of files and 100s of GB of data
in my pg directory, the *only* corruption is that a single file
pg_control file is missing?

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,