Re: mysql load_file() function

От Ben-Nes Yonatan
Тема Re: mysql load_file() function
Дата
Re: mysql load_file() function
Список pgsql-general
>On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:27:08AM +0200, Ben-Nes Yonatan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Does anyone know if PostgreSQL got a function which work like
>> load_file() of mySQL?
>
> I am not quite sure what load_file() does, but check the COPY command
> and the analgous \copy in psql.  As with many other PostgreSQL
> commands, COPY has a man page in lower case:
>
> man copy

First thanks for your answer David but im afraid that i still got a problem
with this solution... im not trying to upload a big file which contain data
which is supposed to be divided to plenty of rows, i want to upload a big
file (wav,ppt,whatever...) into one column one row... maybe i can use COPY
to upload the rows to a temp_table and then from there build the file at the
primary table so it will be only postgresql working in his own enviroment...
though that seem "too heavy" isnt there a better elegant solution?

>> I need it for uploading of big files... i encounter a memory limit when
>> i try to upload a query with the file data in it and i recieved this
>> response for a question about it at php-general maillist:
>> "load_file() is mysql internal function. the file is read by mysql
>> server, so it completely bypass php and also client libraries. you need
>> to have file priviledge."
>> Or maybe there is another way to upload big queries without running off
>> the memory limit?

>> Another recommendation that i received is to just upload the files to
>> the file system... but then ill lose the integrity of the database
>> (though i can make safety checks to know that everything is as it should
>> be) so i prefer to find a way to insert it to the DB.
>>
>> My server is as follows:
>> 1. PHP 4.3.9
>> 2. DB - Postgresql 7.4

>Consider getting PostgreSQL 8.0.1 (or whatever the latest is when you
>get this message ;)

Soon :)

>> 3. Apache 1.3.26
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>    Ben-Nes Yonatan
>>

>HTH :)

>Cheers,
>--
>David Fetter david@fetter.org http://fetter.org/
>phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778
>
>Remember to vote!

Whats HTH? and to what should i vote? ;)

Thanks alot
Yonatan