Re: Q: Executing functions at connect/disconnect?

От Mattias Kregert
Тема Re: Q: Executing functions at connect/disconnect?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Just as i thought...
I have only one solution then; to have a cleanup function which is executed every now and then...

Cleanup function:
1. Look in the Session table to find out which sessions are registered.
2. Determine if some of these sessions are "dead".
3. Update all those items/objects/rows held by the dead session(s) as "unused".
4. Unregister the session.

I see two problems with this:
A. How do I know if a session is dead or still connected? I need to get that information from the postmaster or my
backendin some way, but I don't know how to do that.
B. If this function is exeuted by a cron job or something, then some rows will be marked as "in  use" and unavailable
toother clients for some time... I would have to run this frequently to be sure that no objects are left behind for too
long.Besides, it is an ugly solution. :/

/Mattias