Re: Date indexing

От Ian Cass
Тема Re: Date indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> This won't be able to make much use of the compound index, because you
> are not searching for exact match on the first column, and the other
> columns are not in your criteria at all ... Thus your index is only as
> good as being just on the timestamp alone.

This makes sense. I'll change the order of my indexing.

> 10 minutes still sounds pretty excessive though, even for a seq. scan
> on a 5000 rows table. Have you vacuum'ed it lately?
> Try running 'vacuum full' on that table, it might help a lot, if you
> were ding lots of updates to it.

No, the actual table contains more like 10mill lines, however, the dataset
I'd be referencing if the index were working as I intended would be a mere
5k rows.

Thanks for your help. I'll try this later today.

--
Ian Cass

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: