Converting from access to pgsql..questions...

От mazzo
Тема Converting from access to pgsql..questions...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
First of all, since i'm new to this mailing list....Hi all..!!
My first question..
I have to convert an access 97 database to pgsql...are there any tools to do
this?? I checked the website but the link for the tools are not working so i
tried to export the tables from access using the ODBC driver...(i'll be
using access to insert data into these tables)...everything went just fine
except one small (well not so small..) problem...
If i export a table i have problems with the primary keys if they are set to
Counters....when i export them to pgsql they get turned into numeric and
since all the primary keys of my database are counters i have big problems
since i will have to update these manually...Is there some way to solve this
prob..?? I was thinking of using a trigger...is this a good idea?? Can it be
done..?? Or is there a better way to solve these problems..??
Thanks in advance for your answers..and excuse me for my english and if i
made any mistakes..(i'm italian..!)

Bye to all!