Re: Sleep functions

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Sleep functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-----Original Message-----
From: "Michael Fuhr"<mike@fuhr.org>
Sent: 21/08/05 23:53:50
To: "pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org"<pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: [HACKERS] Sleep functions

> What do people think of exposing
> pg_usleep() to the user?

Good idea - I've done so myself in the past for testing.

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
What do people think of exposing pg_usleep() to the user?  It's
sometimes useful to have a server-side sleep function, and people
do ask about it occasionally (e.g., Don Drake today in pgsql-admin).
It's easy enough to do in PL/Perl, PL/Tcl, etc., but since the
backend already has pg_usleep(), is there any reason not to expose
it?  I'd propose both sleep() and usleep() functions.

--
Michael Fuhr

TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to      choose an index scan if your joining column's
datatypesdo not      match