RE: What needs to be done?

От Dave Cramer
Тема RE: What needs to be done?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Rene,

Certainly the blob support needs to be done. That seems to be high on
the list

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Rene Pijlman
Sent: August 1, 2001 3:52 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] What needs to be done?

Hello,

I read in comp.lang.java.databases that help is needed with development
of the JDBC driver. Can someone please provide some pointers to what
needs to be done?

What are the open issues? Is it JDBC 2.0 compliance? PostgreSQL 7.1
support?

I've seen a lot of postings about BLOB problems, and JDBC-standard BLOB
support is on the overall todo list
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/todo.html). Is that still open for
development? Is there anyone who has already looked at JDBC-standard
BLOB support? If so, what are the challenges and complications?

I can't promise anything yet, but I'll certainly consider helping with
PostgreSQL/JDBC development. I'm fluent in Java and have developed a
database driver before (for Oracle in a proprietary product). I'm about
to spend quite a lot of time on developing a web application in Java on
top of PostgreSQL, so I certainly have an interest in good JDBC support.

If you're not a developer but a user of the driver, what are your
current complaints or wish list items?

Regards,
René Pijlman