Re: Re: Migrating from MS SQL server

От Alex Bolenok
Тема Re: Re: Migrating from MS SQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Is there any possibility to test the connection to the driver.  I've got
> it included into the list of subscribers but after the configuration
> or after setting the properties I get the following error message:
>
>   "SQL Server Enterprise Manager konnte nicht überprüfen, ob 'PostgreSQL'
>    ein gültiger Datenquellenname ist.
>    Möchten Sie ihn trotzdem als Abonnenten aktivieren?
>    Fehler 21076: [SQL-DMO] Die angegebene DSN-Informationen sind falsch
>    oder unvollständig."
> Trial of a translation:
>   "SQL Server Enterprise Manager couldn't check, if 'PostgreSQL'
>    is a valid data source name.
>    Do you want it to be a subscriber anyway?
>    Error 21076: [SQL-DMO] The DSN-informations are invalid or not
>    complete."
>
> When creating the DSN I just unchecked the "Readonly"-fields and
> filled in the appropriate login user information.
> If I restart the subscriber properties menu the PostgreSQL entry
> vanished (for sure because of the error).

You should also fill in the ServerName and Database fields. Do not fill in
Username and Password, because these fields will be overriden by MS SQL
Server when setting up the Subscriber. And, surely, uncheck ReadOnly. You
may also need to play with BoolAsChar, TextAsLongVarChar etc. options if you
will experience difficulties with type translation.

> Sorry but I havn't found a way to set up such a beast.  Could you explain
> shortly how to do that or give a pointer to the related description?

See MS SQL Server Books Online, topic "Linked servers, adding"

Alex Bolenok.