é converted in é

От Laurent Schweizer
Тема é converted in é
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Dear all,

I have an issue with special character like é.

I have as server postgres 9.2, I have created a new DB , encoding utf8

Client is a very simple test class that:

1)      update  a varchar value

2)      read the same value and print them

If I update the varchar with a special character like “é”  the value in the DB is correct ( I check them with another software ) but when I read them from my simple java class  the value is not correct and the é is converted in é

I have added to the connection string the option: ?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8

And if I do a : "SHOW client_encoding;” I get  UTF8

I check on the network side and the é is correctly encoded in UTF-8

Any idea why the é is converted in é ?

I use the last version of the JDBC driver.

Thanks and regards

Laurent