Thanks - Part One - Re: Executing SP in VB6

От Sandro Yaqub Yusuf
Тема Thanks - Part One - Re: Executing SP in VB6
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello my dears friends,

Thanks for yours colaborations.

It´s here the part of solution about my problem with colaboration of
everbody that help me (Philippe Lang, Iain, Andrew Ayers, Rick Sivernell,
Corey W. Gibbs):

POSTGRESQL:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION sp_user_search(varchar)
  RETURNS SETOF user AS
' select * from user where user = $1'
  LANGUAGE 'sql' VOLATILE;

VISUAL BASIC 6 with ADO 2.8 without STORED PROCEDURE:

Dim adoBD As ADODB.Connection
Dim rsTB    As New ADODB.Recordset

 Set adoBD = New ADODB.Connection

 adoBD.ConnectionString =
"driver=PostgreSQL};server=localhost;database=SICCEV;port=5432;uid=ryan;pwd=displace;"
adoBD.Open

Set rsTB = adoBD.Execute("select * from user where user = 'Sandro';")

Do While Not rsTB.EOF
       MsgBox rsTB!Usuario

       rsTB.MoveNext
Loop

rsTB.Close
adoBD.Close

RESULT OF EXECUTION: Sandro Yaqub Yusuf

VISUAL BASIC 6 with ADO 2.8 with STORED PROCEDURE:

Dim adoBD As ADODB.Connection
Dim rsTB    As New ADODB.Recordset

Set adoBD = New ADODB.Connection

adoBD.ConnectionString =
"driver=PostgreSQL};server=localhost;database=SICCEV;port=5432;uid=ryan;pwd=displace;"
adoBD.Open

Set rsTB = adoBD.Execute("select sp_user_search('Sandro');")

Do While Not rsTB.EOF
       MsgBox rsTB(0)

       rsTB.MoveNext
Loop

rsTB.Close
adoBD.Close

RESULT OF EXECUTION: (1,Sandro,123,"Sandro Yaqub Yusuf")

The question is how I do for to isolate the columns when come
(1,Sandro,123,"Sandro Yaqub Yusuf"). I would like to get only the column
FULLNAME using the STORED PROCEDURE. Have I do a function in VB for to
isolate the RESULTS of STORED PROCEDURES in POSTGRESQL ?

Thanks more one times...

Sandroyy