New DBManager 2.1.1

От Crercio O. Silva
Тема New DBManager 2.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The release 2.1.1 is a major bug fix and a few new features. If you are
using an older Professional version, please consider updating it. Bellow,
you can see the list of changes:

NEW FEATURES

-Added support to load/export binary data into/from a table (for blob
fields). From now on BLOB fields will be marked as 'Blob' and TEXT fields
will be marked as 'Memo'.
-Added option to Preferences=>Security to use active connection to the
server
-Added option to Preferences=>Query to choose the default font face to be
used in the Datasheet View Grid
-Added support to drag and drop a entire database from one server to
another
-Enabled Copy to Clippboard (CTRL+C) for selected rows in the Datasheet
View
-Added option to the Import Data Wizard: you can select to log error
messages and/or SQL statements
-Added option to the Import Data Wizard: you can choose not to create
integer fields as AUTO INCREMENT
-The Import Data Wizard can now import Binary Data from MSAccess
-The Import Data Wizard imports the Relationships directly to the database
if using MySQL/InnoDB Tables or PostgreSQL
-Added support for Foreign Keys in the Query Designer. Now it uses the
default tables relationships (Foreign Keys) instead of the internal
DBManager relationships
-Servers can be marked as "auto connect at startup"
-In MySQL newer versions you can drop Foreign Keys

FIXES

-Fixed Table quoting for MySQL versions older than 3.23.6
-Added full support for MySQL 3.22 versions
-Fixed Datasheet View Grid refreshing
-Fixed Active Transaction bug for PostgreSQL
-Fixed bug when Importing tables from MSAccess. Data failed to be imported
if the original field name was renamed due to reserved words in the CREATE
TABLE
-Fixed problem with Query Designer and AutoMap fields in Import Text
Wizard: the dialogs didn't come up when using the DBLang.DLL
-Fixed Index selection in the Table Preferences: the fields didn't match
the selected index
-Fixed minor bugs in the Table Editor
-When editing table data the size of the edit doesn't change overriding the
next cell
-Fixed blank error message box when creating an user.
-Database API for PostgreSQL was improved to add better support to the use
of Namespaces (for PostgreSQL 7.3 or newer)

In a few days we will release the source code of the DBLang.DLL and the
HTML documentation. Anyone willing to translate the application to other
native languages will need to use the Visual Studio 6.0 to compile and link
the DLL and the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop (can be downloaded for free at
www.microsoft.com) to compile the HTML Help manual. For those who doesn't
have any of these softwares you may download the package for translation
and send it back to me to create the DLL and CHM required.
I would like to thank you all who sent me bug reports, documentation and
website revisions. It wouldn't be possible without your help.
PS: Before downloading the new version remember that the mirrors is being
updated at the moment, but we expect to have everything working in a few
hours. Also have in mind that not all mirrors are automatically updated,
please use those marked with (*). If you have problems with a mirror,
please send me a note telling the problem you are having and which mirror
you have downloaded the setup from. This will help me to fix eventual
problems.

What is the DBManager?

The DBManager is a FREE database manager for MySQL and PostgreSQL  and runs
only on Windows platforms. Supports managing all objects in a database
server. It also includes wizards to help you with moving data from
MSAccess, ODBC, MSExcel, Text Files, DBF, Paradox, create PHP scripts, etc.
The complete list of features and additional information can be found at
http://www.dbtools.com.br

Best Regards,

DBTools Software