Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!

От Stephen Brearley
Тема Re: Postgres 9.2.4 for Windows (Vista) Dell Vostro 400, re-installation failure PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Adrian

Thanks for getting back to me so soon!

1) Yes, I downloaded postgresql-9.2.4-1-windows.exe one click installer from
the EDB web page. I see the page format has changed a little recently, but
it is still the same file.
2) No, I have only ever tried to installed version 9.2
3) Yes -though there were errors reported in the install log, which I did
not get the first time I installed the program. The first time I installed
Postgresql, I got it to work and connect okay even in pgAdmin III. A bit
later, I forgot the password as I was using Navicat which remembers your
password, so I tried to re-install it (then remembering the password of
course!), but could not get a successful reinstall or re-connection using
pgAdmin.
4) Attached is the only pg_hba.conf file I seem to have.
Checked for this file in:
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2.
C:\Users\SDB\AppData\Local\Temp

-Maybe I should have a pg_hba.conf that is not a sample file?

Also, do you think there us something wrong with my uninstall, such as not
removing files or hidden windows users properly? I do not know how to remove
these. I just went to Control Panel, Programs and Features, selected
Postgresql and Uninstall.

Both the install and uninstall should work flawlessly. The only thing I can
see is that I have installed the program once before, and I have put my data
on my d: drive to separate it from the program in case of software problems,
but I got Postgresql to correctly find my data before..

Thanks
  Stephen