Re: cross table indexes or something?

От Arjen van der Meijden
Тема Re: cross table indexes or something?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
>
> > Have you run ANALYZE ? Why does DB think that there is only
> one judge
> > with name like SMITH% ?
> I've attached the Analyze below. I have no idea why the db
> thinks there is only 1 judge named simth. Is there some what
> I can inform the DB about this. In actuality, there aren't
> any judges named smith at the moment, but there are 22K
> people named smith.

I think you're mistaking the command EXPLAIN ANALYZE for the command
ANALYZE.
Have you actually run the command ANALYZE or perhaps even better if you
haven't vacuumed before: VACUUM FULL ANALYZE

If you have no idea what vacuum is, check the manual. If you've already
run such a VACUUM/ANALYZE-command, then ignore this message :)

Best regards,

Arjen van der Meijden