Re: JDBC Driver Munging My Text?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: JDBC Driver Munging My Text?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hunter,

Can you provide the insert statement that inserts this

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Hunter Hillegas
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 11:45 AM
To: PostgreSQL; Postgre JDBC
Subject: [JDBC] JDBC Driver Munging My Text?

We are seeing some strange behavior in our system that uses Postgres
7.1.3 and JDBC. System: Red Hat Linux 7.1/Intel.

Basically what we are seeing is that text stored in a VARCHAR is entered
like this: "hello, how are you" is stored like this: "hello ,how are
you". Notice the space and comma being transposed...

The plot thickens...

This is on a new server. The old server, also running 7.1.3, though
built quite a long time ago, does not exhibit this behavior.

Any ideas? Known bug? Strange config? It is possible that I built the
JDBC driver on the old machine and just copied it to the new machine...
I can't remember but it shouldn't matter, should it?

Thanks,
Hunter

http://archives.postgresql.org