RE: [GENERAL] Additional Super User account(s)

От K.T.
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Additional Super User account(s)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>Modify pg_shadow directly.
>>
>>--
>>  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>>  maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000
>>  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
>>  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

Above was a reply to me from Bruce that lit a light....

If you are using pre 6.3...(not sure of the version)  You need to:

    Select * from pg_user;  (or was it pg_users?)

Post 6.3....

    select * from pg_shadow;

There is a field called usesuper for the account in question.  Update that
field to 't' or TRUE.
Then user will be able to then run "COPY TO" commands.  Problem is tho that
the copy to command is run in the background using UID 26 (psotgres) so UNIX
file acces priviledges are limited to postgres' priviledges.  So output to a
tmp directory and move the file back to a secure directroy :)