Re: Unable to make DBD-Pg-2.13.1

От Mark
Тема Re: Unable to make DBD-Pg-2.13.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: vrijdag 1 mei 2009 16:37
To: Craig Ringer
Cc: Mark; pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Unable to make DBD-Pg-2.13.1

Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:

>> Mark wrote:

>>> Until I tried to install DBD-Pg-2.13.1 (for Perl) thereafter. And I'm
>>> getting the weirdest errors that just won't go away (see below). Does
>>> anyone know what the cause might be? Or better still, how to fix it?

>> Is it possible that you have old or conflicting PostgreSQL headers in
>> /usr/local/include ? Or even in /usr/include ?

> The PGcancel typedef was added in 8.0, so the complaints about that
> suggest strongly that a pre-8.0 version of libpq-fe.h is being read.

Thanks! You're right. :) Though I (thought I) had removed all remnants of
older installs (like the /usr/local/include/postgres/ directory and such),
seems the single /usr/local/include/libpq-fe.h file still lingered on. I
explicitely specified the he pg_config file at its new location, though,
as being at:

/usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin/pg_config

But "/usr/local/PostgreSQL/bin" wasn't on the path at compile time, so
that may have accounted for something, too.

P.S. This morning I already found out about the stray libpq-fe.h file, as
I was building a pgsql.so extension for PHP, and phpinfo.php reported a
7.1.4 client. I did a grep then on all include dirs, and found the old
stub. Oddly enough, I didn't think far enough to realize this might cause
DBD-Pg-2.13.1 to fail to build properly, too. Doh! :)

All is fine again. :)

- Mark