Re: [BUGS] WIN32 MULTIBYTE

От Darko Prenosil
Тема Re: [BUGS] WIN32 MULTIBYTE
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> "Darko Prenosil" <darko_prenosil@yahoo.com> writes:
> > In src/include/miscadmin.h there is declared external function
GetUserName.

> > I think that this header should not be imported in libpq at all,
>
> It isn't --- at least I can't see any inclusion path for it in current
> sources.
>
> regards, tom lane

Maybe You can not see it in build for Linux (I did not check),
but in WIN32.MAK file there is section
that looks like this:

!IFDEF MULTIBYTE
"$(INTDIR)\common.obj" : ..\..\backend\utils\mb\common.c   $(CPP) @<<   $(CPP_PROJ) /I "."
..\..\backend\utils\mb\common.c
<<

And there are first few lines from common.c :

/** This file contains some public functions* usable for both the backend and the frontend.* Tatsuo Ishii* $Id:
common.c,v1.13 2001/04/16 02:42:01 tgl Exp $*/

#include "postgres.h"

#ifdef WIN32
#include "win32.h"
#else
#include <unistd.h>
#endif

#include "miscadmin.h"
#include "mb/pg_wchar.h"
#include "utils/builtins.h"
...etc...

When I try to compile without correction I mentioned in previous message I
got this error:

..\..\include\miscadmin.h(206) : error C2373: 'GetUserNameA' : redefinition;
different type modifiers !

I'm shore that this header is imported, but I do not know if it can be
skipped in this way:

/** This file contains some public functions* usable for both the backend and the frontend.* Tatsuo Ishii* $Id:
common.c,v1.13 2001/04/16 02:42:01 tgl Exp $*/

#include "postgres.h"

#ifdef WIN32
#include "win32.h"
#else
#include <unistd.h>
#include "miscadmin.h"
#endif

#include "mb/pg_wchar.h"
#include "utils/builtins.h"
...etc...

I supose that this should not impact some other builds?
Is this part of code used by ODBC driver for example, and this change can
corrupt this build ?
I'm quite new in this, so I do not know those answers.

Darko.Prenosil@finteh.hr