Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED

От Stefan Viljoen
Тема Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED
Дата
Ответы Re: Postgres 9.4 + unixODBC on Centos 6.5 problem connecting localhost postgres instance with isql ODBC commandline client - SOLVED  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi guys

Firstly, thanks for all the ideas and  assistance.

I managed to solve this on Centos 6.5 by downgrading to Postgres 9.0 and
ODBC is now working fine:

---
[root@asterisk ~]# isql -v pgdb-cdr
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> quit
[root@asterisk ~]#
---

So apparently there is an incompatibility between the relatively old
unixODBC current on an updated Centos 6.5 instance and the psqlodbc driver
from Postgres 9.4

I did not change or touch my /etc/odbcinst.ini or /etc/odbc.ini

ODBC is now apparently working fine on my Centos 6.5 box to Postgres 9.0

I did not test 9.1, 9.2 or 9.3, but I know for sure 9.0's psqlodbc driver is
now working with unixODBC allowing me to access my Postgres database via
isql.

Thanks all

Regards

Stefan