Job Posting for Senior PostgreSQL DBA - McAfee - Location Silicon Valley, California

От Maria O'Connor
Тема Job Posting for Senior PostgreSQL DBA - McAfee - Location Silicon Valley, California
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs

Please post this position to your website.  If you have any questions regarding this posting, please contact Maria O’Connor at 510-326-6445 or Maria_O’Connor@McAfee.com.

Senior PostgreSQL DBA

McAfee is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier.  As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.

Design, implement, operate and optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
Build database tools, script and automate everything possible.
Provide replication and backups.
Work with software engineers and data modelers to ensure the overall application Design is optimal. This involves performance data modeling, schema Design and query reviews.
Interface with network, hardware and system operations teams to resolve problems with application/database systems.

Qualification:
Extensive knowledge of PostgreSQL (4-7 years)
Strong knowledge of database concepts and fundamentals
Good grasp of hardware and system administration concepts
Motivated self-learner, Good problem solving skills
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Recent experience with replication, Backup, High Availability (At least 4 years)
Must have 4+ years of enterprise database administration experience

We offer a full range of competitive benefits to our full-time employees. Our extensive plan includes company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Paid Time Off, paid Holidays, Stock Options, Flexible Spending Account, Educational Assistance Program, 401(k),  ESPP and more! Please visit us @ www.mcafee.com  or apply online @ http://www.mcafeecareers.com/   McAfee Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. McAfee Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.

If you are interested in being considered for this position, please visit our website at www.McAfee.com .  You may also send your resume to moassoc@yahoo.com

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: