Trouble Importing Data to Excel "unable to obtain a list of tables"

От Carter Patterson
Тема Trouble Importing Data to Excel "unable to obtain a list of tables"
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

I am trying to connect Excel and Postgres.

I have Postgres 7.3.2 installed on RH 8.0 box.

I have loaded pgsqlodbc 7.3.1 installed on my Windows XP Professional.

MS Excel 2002

I went to Control Panel, Admin Tools, DataSources and added a DSN for Postgres.  I checked the 7.X, 6.4 box.

I also told it to show system tables.

In Excel, I choose Data, Import External Data, Import Data, Connect to New Data Source---

This takes me to the Excel Wizard where I choose ODBC – DSN, then I select Postgresql30.  It then tells me unable to obtain a list of tables.

Any help or direction to documentation would be appreciated.  thanks