Re: contrib and licensing

От Michael Paesold
Тема Re: contrib and licensing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Brown wrote:

> So in the end, keeping contrib BSD-only doesn't help *us*, it only
> helps the people who build binary distributions.  But because they're
> already used to dealing with the problem, they don't need our help on
> this.

Well, professional distributers are used to deal with licensing issues. What
about all those nice guys who just build unofficial RPM's of software for
their favorite plattform, so other's don't have to? Now they whould have a
problem with including contrib stuff.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Michael Paesold