Turkish locale bug

От Ismail Kizir
Тема Turkish locale bug
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi everybody,

Five years ago, i sent a patch for postgresql turkish locale patch, but
nobody has taken it into consideration.
Now, the source tree is totally different and pg team says they 'partially'
fixed turkish locale problem. But it is still non-functional.
I don't understand this, because the solution is very simple (at least, it
WAS simple for version 6.5... I don't know if the source of the problem is
the same now).

The source o the problem is :

In turkish alphabet, the lowercase of I is ý, not i.
And, postgresql parser uses a locale-dependent version of lowercase
function.
When it encounters an INSERT, it converts it to ýnsert, instead of insert...
And it gives an error.

The solution is very simple : Don't use a locale-dependent lowercase
function in the keyword parsing process.
Postgres team! Please, in the next minor release, fix this problem.
Here, in Turkey, we want to use Postgres, but your attitude discourages us.
If there is any subject that I may help, don't hesitate to write me... But
anyway please answer me.

Regards
Ismail Kizir