[Question] Help me with programming in C/C++

От postgres
Тема [Question] Help me with programming in C/C++
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

I have a question regarding programming in C and postgreSQL.
Is there any way that I can save couple of results to one PGresult * ??

I got reply from some guys.. but...
Ok.. this is what I'm going to do..
I'm developing search engine.
Let's assume.  If user enter for keywords like "Search Engine"
My program will separate each token.. and postgres will search like as
below..

Something Like this
------------------------
BEGIN;
DECLARE portal1 CURSOR FOR select * from db where description ~* '^search
engine$';
DECLARE portal2 CURSOR FOR select * from db where description ~* 'search
engine';
DECLARE portal3 CURSOR FOR select * from db where description ~* = 'search'
and description ~* 'engine';
DECLARE portal4 CURSOR FOR select * from db where description ~* = 'search'
or description ~* 'engine';

res = PQexec(conn,"FETCH ALL in portal*");  // Like this
END;
portal1 sould go first, portal4 should go last.
And I don't wanna use any insert/copy command (Don't wanna make any new
temporary table. becasue there are lots of querys)

I really need this function.
I'm a C programmer but not a expert.

Any Idea? If anyone know how to do this in C/C++...
Please let me know..

Thanks in advence.