R: R: Postgres 8.3-dev

От Paolo Saudin
Тема R: R: Postgres 8.3-dev
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I tried to set that policy to all available settings [activate, not activate, not set] but the result does not change, the installer stops with the same error.

   Here below elevated privileges set for Windows installer

I then tried the same things on a true Windows XP Professional SP2 (not virtual machine) trying to set the above settings and the results were the same. I added the ‘postgres’ user to Administrators group, but doesn’t work either. On that machine there is a 8.2.4 version running

Paolo

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@postgresql.org]
Inviato: venerdì 4 maggio 2007 23.04
A: Magnus Hagander
Cc: Paolo Saudin; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Oggetto: Re: R: [GENERAL] Postgres 8.3-dev

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Yeah. But look at the part about SYSTEM being the owner, I wonder if that's

> related.

<warning - very tired, might be talking complete tosh!>

Hmm, that is odd. iirc, there is a Windows policy option that tells the

installer to always run with elevated privileges. Do you know if that

effectively runs installers as SYSTEM, or does it elevate the privileges

of the current user somehow?

Paolo; could that option be set manually, or though group policy on your

system?

Regards, Dave.

Вложения