Re: Does Postgresql 7.1.x Still Have 8K Maximum Field Size?

От Mitch Vincent
Тема Re: Does Postgresql 7.1.x Still Have 8K Maximum Field Size?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The 8k (well, BLCKSZ limit) has been eliminated for quite some time now..

-Mitch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip" <philj80@netscape.net>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 6:57 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] Does Postgresql 7.1.x Still Have 8K Maximum Field Size?

> Hello all.
>
> I will be creating one of my first web applications and would like to use
Postgresql as the database on a Red Hat 6.2 or 7.1 system with Apache and
either ColdFusion or PHP.

> Anyway, the application will have a text field where employees can update
their progress on assigned tasks.  By the time a task is completed, the
field may exceed 8k.  I am not a person who likes to compile from tarball's
because training non-Linux experienced fellow system administrators to use
RPMs is enough.  Updates are easier as well.

> The question:  Is it possible to have a text field greater than 8k but
only using RPMs -- not compiling and/or chaining via a separate table
(breaking something into 8k chunks)?  If so, how?

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

От: speedboy
Сообщение: Re: Does Postgresql 7.1.x Still Have 8K Maximum Field
От: Culley Harrelson
Сообщение: Encoding