RE: pgadmin3 incredibly slow over network

От Mathias Zajaczkowski
Тема RE: pgadmin3 incredibly slow over network
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Hi Nikita,

Your message helped me to discover HeidiSql which is (for my needs), even though its implementation for Postgres is experimental, much more convenient as pgAdmin v4.x

It is not as “friendly” as pgAdmin III but is intuitive enough to accomplish basic tasks.

Let’s hope that HeidiSql will remain a simple application and that they will not try to change its interface to browser.

I was blocked with PostgreSql 9.6 because of pgAdmin compatibility.

Now, with HeidiSql, I can consider to upgrade.

@ Akshay Joshi

Sorry about it.

Your strategical decision to rewrite pgAdmin for browser was a mistake.

Every new release corrects probably some bugs but it remains hardly usable.

I do try every new release and have to fall back on pgAdmin III.

I follow the discussions and read about problems encountered by other pgAdmin users. It is not encouraging at all.

I have reported a couple of bugs, mainly due to browser integration, which have not been fixed and probably never will.

Regards