Execution plan Question

От Objectz
Тема Execution plan Question
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
hi all,

I have a strange problem and really wish to get some help in here.

I have the following tables

create table shr_objects(objectid     int8     not nullcompanyid     int4    not nullname        varchar(255)
description   varchar(255)

)
primary key : object id
foreign key on companyid references shr_companies(companyid)
Index on companyid
Number of rows ~ 1,410,000

create table smb_contacts{contactid    int4    not nullobjectid    int8    not nullfirstname    varchar(255)lastname
varchar(255)
)
primary key : contactid
foreign key on objectid references shr_objects9objectid)
index on : objectid
Number of rows ~ 10,000

I am trying to execute a query that joins the 2 tables on object id , it
works fine but when i add an order clause the performance is degarded
dramatically. I have included both quiries with their excution plan.

Regards,
--ObjectZ Maker

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: