MULE_INTERNAL translation to win1250

От NTPT
Тема MULE_INTERNAL translation to win1250
Дата
Re: MULE_INTERNAL translation to win1250  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

I have a strange problem  in postgres 8.1.4  (gentoo 64bit on AMD64
platform)

My database is  created  vith LATIN-2 encoding for  correct vieving of
nacional specific characters ( czech language  )

inside  code of my php application is setting client encoding to win1250
because I need output of  query in this encoding.

On some parts of data I got an error :

Query failed: ERROR: character 0x829a of encoding "MULE_INTERNAL" has no
equivalent in "WIN1250"

Without "set client_encoding to win1250" query works. I am curious why there
is a MULE_INTERNAL  mentioned even when \l+  say that corresponding database
is created with  (and even all  the cluster)  LATIN2 encoding.

 Strange enough that ALL INSERTS  are done with WIN1250 client encoding too.
May be a bug in charset translation routines of postgres ?

And how can I  repair it, preferable in whole  database ?

Thanx for help.