Re: pgstat wait timeout

От Anibal David Acosta
Тема Re: pgstat wait timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

More information…

After many “WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout” in the log also appear “ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task “

De: Anibal David Acosta [mailto:aa@devshock.com]
Enviado el: viernes, 27 de julio de 2012 06:04 p.m.
Para: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Asunto: pgstat wait timeout

In my postgres log I saw a lot of warning like this…

WARNING:  pgstat wait timeout

Every 10 seconds aprox since yesterday and after one year working without any warning

I have postgres 9.0.3 on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

I have only one big table with aprox. 1,300,000,000 (yes 1,300 millions) rows the table is not used just keep historical record, could be this the reason, some autovacuum over this table?

pg_stat_activity not show any autovacuum over this table but yes over the transactional table, right now the autovacuum about transactional table is taking 30 minutes (now() -  xact_start )

Thanks