Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Why not 'dblink'?

We can do for dblink as well. I just wanted to check before implementing in
dblink.

I have checked the dblink_connect() function, it receives the connect string
and used in most cases that string to
call libpq connect which is different from pgbench and oid2name where
connection parameters are formed in main function and then call libpq
connect.

To achieve the same in dblink, we need to parse the passed connection string
and check if it contains fallback_application_name, if yes then its okay,
otherwise we need to append fallback_application_name in connection string.

The doubt I have is that what name to use as fallback_application_name
because here we cannot have argv as in pgbench or oid2name?
The 2 options which I can think of are:
1. Hard-coded name - dblink
2. postgres - which I think will be caller of dblink functionality

Please suggest if any of this option is okay or what is other way to get the
program name.