Re: moveToInsertRow

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: moveToInsertRow
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
There are some people looking at implementing the UpdateableResultSet
methods, but I have no idea when.

I do have a question though. How do you expect them to work? AFAIK It's
only possible to update a result set that is from a single table.

The driver would still end up issuing an update sql statement.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Dennis R. Gesker
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 3:32 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] moveToInsertRow

Hello:

I'm currently getting the following error using the moveToInsertRow
method with an updatable result set using what (I think but am not
entirely sure) is the current version of the JDBC driver for use with
PostgreSQL. I found the jar containing this driver at
jdbc.postgresql.org.

This method is not yet implemented.
      at org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(Driver.java:440)
      at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.UpdateableResultSet.moveToInsertRow(UpdateableResul
tSet.java:98)

Is there a stable version of this driver available that implements the
moveToInsertRow capabilities on an updatable result set? If not is this
method planned for sometime in the future?

--
Dennis R. Gesker        dennis@alamon.com
Alamon Telco, Inc.        (406) 752-8838

--
Dennis Roman Gesker        ICQ: 194047
dennis@gesker.com        Fax: 413.740.4653

Seek freedom and become captive to your desires. Seek discipline and
find your liberty. -- F.H. 1985

http://archives.postgresql.org