Create database bug in 8.1.3 ?

От Milen Kulev
Тема Create database bug in 8.1.3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Listers,
I have the following problem (OS= RHELU2 , PG version= 8.1.3) when I  try to Create a database :

postgres=# CREATE  DATABASE   world3 TEMPLATE=template1 ENCODING='UTF8' TABLESPACE=tbs1 ;
CREATE DATABASE

Then I am backup-ing the database (a small toy DB) with pg_dumpall:

 pg_dumpall   > alldb.bak

Less    alldb.bak:
CREATE DATABASE world3 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 OWNER = pg ENCODING = 'UTF8' TABLESPACE = tbs1; ....

Why pg_dumpall is stating that my template db is template0 and not template1 ? Is there any way to check what db
(template0  or template1 ) was actually used a template when creating world2 db ? I am having the same problem  with
all
my  databases

I have compiled and installed PG 8.1.3 from  sources

Any hints are highly appreciated

Regards. Milen