Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От: Joel Fradkin
Тема: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Philip Hallstrom, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ( (), )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Bill Ewing, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jeffrey Tenny, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Michael Fuhr, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Browne, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jan Wieck, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
     Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
      Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Enrico Weigelt, )
       Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Mark Lewis, )
        Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra, )

I did my own evaluation a few months back, because postgres was not cutting
it for me.
I found that postgres 8.0 (was what I was using at the time, now on 8.0.2)
out performed mysql on a optiplex with 2gig meg of memory. I had postgres
and mysql loaded and would run one server at a time doing testing.
My tests included using aqua studios connection to both databases and .asp
page using odbc connections. There was not a huge difference, but I had
significant time in postgres and it was a little faster, so I just took new
approaches (flattened views,eliminated outer joins etc) to fixing the
issues.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.