Are these error messages normal?

От Jim Morcombe
Тема Are these error messages normal?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to figure out why I can't use the Libpq library on SCO Unix.

I have gone through the installation again to double check things and would like to confirm that the following error massages are normal.

1.  the compile command issued by the gmake includes many like this:

gcc -02 -Wall -Wmissing_prototypes -Wmissing_declarations -I../../../../src/include -c -o heapam.o heapam.c

The "missing_prototypes" and the "missing_declarations" seem strange to me.

2.  I get many warning messages of this type:

variable.c:757:warning:passing arg 1 of 'strcasecmp' discards 'const' from pointer target type

3.  I also get this:

tsort:warning:cycle in data

Hope someone can help with this.

Jim Morcombe