RE:

От Joseph
Тема RE:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I'm presently trying the same (well,... similar) instructions
> on NT.  The
> obvious question is what to do about creating a user.  On NT
> it just isn't
> possible to su postgres
> initdb
> exit

Here is what someone sent me to get Postgres working on NT
and it worked.
If you follow the instructions below it will look at NT's user manager and
setup user numbers as Linux expects to find them.
The one problem is you need to use an NT server that has proper
domain configuration
EX: I tried a workstation that was a domain member and it didn't work.
But it worked on the domain controller.
(I gave up and went with Linux for the server)

***************************************
Directions to get Postgres working on NT

           Sometime back I was looking for answers like you. Here is what
you can do.
   Go to this site http://www.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html
and read it.
   Then get the Cygwin and Any piper and cygipc tools.You can get Cygipc
from
   http://cygutils.netpedia.net/V1.1/cygipc-1.05/index.html.Take the NT
port from one of
   the nasa sites.Follow the instructions to the word and you will get
it.
   before you do make install there are some template files in
src/backend directory
   like *.bki.source and *.bki.description which contain Ctrl-M
characters.If you use vi editor
   you can use '%s/^M//g' to get rid of them.or u can use sed like echo
infile | sed 's/^M//g' >    outfile.

   You have to run postgres from bash prompt.However you can run the
psql client from any DOS    window.Yes it runs on NTFS .
   Get a Windows GUI client for Postgres from
http://www.pgadmin.freeserve.co.uk/
   Pass this mail to whoever is interested.
 Good Luck
PKD

Joseph