newoid in invapi.c

От Maurice Gittens
Тема newoid in invapi.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

In the file large_object/inv_api.c there is a statement in the function
inv_create
which goes:

    file_oid=newoid() + 1;

later on a heap_create_with_catalog call is performed to create a heap
for the large object called xinv<file_oid>.

According to code (and the comments in the code) the assumption is that the
oid
of the heap_relation will be equal to the value of the variable file_oid.

This of course will only be the case if nobody else called newoid()
before the heap relation is created.

This might lead the large object implementation to confuse
large object relations with other relations.

According to me this is a bug. I'm I right?

Thanks,
Maurice