Re: UPDATE OR REPLACE?

От dandl
Тема Re: UPDATE OR REPLACE?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > In my particular situation the case I care about is when the result
> of an UPDATE is two identical rows. All I really want is a DISTINCT
> option.
>
> Assuming I am following correctly what you want is that the result of
> an UPDATE not be two identical rows.

Correct. In practice I don't care whether the action is IGNORE or REPLACE (in Sqlite terms), the outcome is the same.

Obviously two different records that share the same primary key is a bad thing and worth an error. Two identical
recordsis just boring.

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org