How to turn autovacuum prevent wrap around run faster?

От marc.hsiao
Тема How to turn autovacuum prevent wrap around run faster?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi ALL:

My Database is for logs only, I almost have 30G data growth in my database.

I Use partition table to store those data, those tables are partitioned by time column daily.

My data only keep for three days.

I will dump those data into dump file and drop the partition table after three days.

My question is :

The partition table that I have to backup and drop is running a long Prevent-Wraparound-Autovaccuum,

Is any way to let the vacuum faster?

The Prevent-Wraparound-Autovaccuum run very slow, almost 36 hours.

My Disk IO is low.

My Server config for vacuum list below:

# RESOURCE USAGE (except WAL)

shared_buffers = 4096MB     # min 128kB

temp_buffers = 384MB      # min 800kB

max_prepared_transactions = 100   # zero disables the feature

work_mem = 100MB        # min 64kB

maintenance_work_mem = 192MB    # min 1MB

max_stack_depth = 4MB     # min 100kB

vacuum_cost_delay = 50ms    # 0-100 milliseconds

vacuum_cost_page_hit = 6    # 0-10000 credits

vacuum_cost_limit = 1000    # 1-10000 credits

# AUTOVACUUM PARAMETERS

autovacuum = on     # Enable autovacuum subprocess?  'on'

autovacuum_max_workers = 3    # max number of autovacuum subprocesses

autovacuum_naptime = 1    # time between autovacuum runs

autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.01 # fraction of table size before vacuum

autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 10ms # default vacuum cost delay for

Regards.
  Marc Hsiao