Re: Speeds using a transaction vrs not

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: Speeds using a transaction vrs not
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
No I did not do it in on transaction (although in .net I never started or
commited a transaction.

ODBC :myTrans = myConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel.ReadCommitted)
' Assign transaction object for a pending local transactionmyCommand.Transaction = myTrans
'example of insert
'myCommand.CommandText = "Insert into Region (RegionID, RegionDescription)
VALUES (101, 'Description')"
myCommand.CommandText = insertsqltext
myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
myTrans.Commit()

.net driver:
Dim cmd As New NpgsqlCommand(insertsqltext, cnn)
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
cmd.Dispose()

Joel Fradkin
Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305
jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, IncThis email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
andmay

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.