Re: Converting epoch to timestamp?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Converting epoch to timestamp?
Дата
Re: Converting epoch to timestamp?
Список pgsql-sql
From: "Roberto Mello" <rmello@cc.usu.edu>

Hi Roberto - long time no see.

> I searched the docs for function to convert epoch to timestamps but
> couldn't find any. Are there any?

richardh=> select now();         now
------------------------2001-08-01 09:25:58+01
(1 row)

richardh=> select extract('epoch' from now());date_part
-----------996654359
(1 row)

richardh=> select '1970-01-01'::date + '996654342 seconds'::interval;       ?column?
------------------------2001-08-01 08:25:42+01
(1 row)

That's the only way I've ever known to do it. Note the one-hour offset
because I'm currently in BST rather than GMT timezone (ignore the few
seconds discrepancy - that's me querying then cutting and pasting).

Be interested to find out if there's a neater way. Can't believe there's not
some EPOCH_BASE constant that could be used.

- Richard Huxton

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: