missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663

От Utsav Turray
Тема missing chunk number 497 for toast value 504723663
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Dear All ,

I am using postgres  7.3.2  on RHEL 4.0.

I know the version is too old but I have no option upgrading the postgres version.

I have a table with a column type “text”. The column consists  large data ranging from 500 kb to 900 kb.

Total there are 50000 records approximately. There are large number of updates occurring on this table.

Few days ago on another installation an error was generated during pg_dump    “missing chunk number 0 for toast value xxx” or “missing chunk number 0 for toast value xxx”. This problem was resolved by re-indexing the toast table.

But this time there are total 422 records which are giving error of both “missing chunk number” and “unexpected chunk number” on the “text column type” and even re-indexing toast table is not resolving the issue. The only option I am left is to delete these records.

Is there any other way to resolve this issue as deleting the records will lead to loss of information and the backup I am having also consists of corrupted records.

Secondly what are probable  reasons behind corruption and what can we do to prevent this error.

Thanks And Regards,

Utsav Turray

Disclaimer :- This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the origin al intended recipient and have erroneously received this message, you are prohibited from using, copying, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software Technologies Ltd (NSTL) accepts no responsibilities for los s or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damages from virus and further acknowledges that no bin ding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of NSTL.