Re: About Types

От Havasvölgyi Ottó
Тема Re: About Types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Hervé,

You should perhaps use record instead of a particular type.

... RETURNS SETOF record AS ...

Otto

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hervé Inisan" <typo3@self-access.com>
To: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:31 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] About Types

Hi everybody,

I'm a PG newbie, and I'm trying to write a function that returns a set of
records.
These records come from 2 or more tables (joined).

When I have only 1 table, the return type of the function can be SETOF
mytable.
When I have 2 tables or more, am I obliged to create a type (CREATE TYPE) so
that my function can return a SETOF mytype?

This works fine, but I'm trying to avoid building a specific type for each
row returning function.
Is there any other solution (SQL or PLPGSQL)?

TIA,
-- Hervé Inisan.

               http://archives.postgresql.org