Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, November 05, 2012 7:33 PM  Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I'm not sure what to do with this patch.  There was some resistance to
> the idea originally; then after some discussion, there was some
> apparent agreement that it might be useful on occasion.  Later, a patch
> was posted, but there was almost no review of it; except to say that it
> should probably be reworked on top of an hypothetical, future XLogReader
> feature.
>
> Since it doesn't look like we're going anywhere with it soon, I'm going
> to close it as returned with feedback.  Hopefully, if we get XLogReader
> in 9.3, we will have time to rebase this patch on top of that.  (I
> invite Amit to give Heikki's version of XLogReader patch a look.)

The patch for which Heikki has given comment
(https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=897) is already
moved to next CF.
This was not related to XLogReader. However as there is not much interest in
this feature, so it is okay.
> (It is very hard to track down vague references to old threads that
> aren't properly linked in new threads.  Please make sure to reply to old
> emails, or at least to give Message-Ids or URLs when starting new
> threads.  I am replying to one message of each old thread here.)

My mistake, I am sorry for that and I shall try to take care for future
work.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.