Re: varchar truncation from 7.1 to 7.2

От terry@greatgulfhomes.com
Тема Re: varchar truncation from 7.1 to 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I agree, I had the same last minute scramble to make apps work with the no
longer silent truncation.

Is it possible to have a flag in the config file to make the silent
truncation enabled?

Or how about someone writing a sample trigger that would chop fields before
the insert/update so as to truncate the data before the actual insert aborts
it?

Terry Fielder
Network Engineer
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes